Tuesday, February 28, 2006

On believing

Is there a god?
Is there a higher power?
Is there salvation, damnation, oblivion?

Is there diversity in believing?
Can one person’s white be another one’s black?
I believe so.
I believe that one person can go through and back the entire gamut of grays.
Like laughing and crying in the same sentence.

I believe in the surface, the edge between water and air, and I believe that’s where I want to be. I believe in the flow, and you can fight it or go with it, depending on your energy, but to succeed you must acknowledge it exists.

I think other people are more sensitive to spirits than I am, so how can I say whether or not they exist. I believe in changes in the weather, and seeing birds or animals as signs of what? God’s existence? God’s awareness of my existence? God’s comfort? Grace.
Bashert, Fate, things that happen for a reason. The reasonableness of things that happen?

But I am an ameliorist. I do think that things are wrong, but I, we can have a positive effect. We can fix it. But we don’t control the rate, the flow, the time, the outcome. We can make things better, but we can’t change them.

The Art for Today is: Perspective

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home