Friday, February 24, 2006

The Art of the Day is: the Art of Knowing when to Stop...

The good news is I am traveling to Pennsylvania and it takes me less time to get halfway there than I expected.
The bad news is it will take several phone calls and much cajoling to cancel a room reservation, and make a different one several hours up(down) the road.
Just to make it more interesting, there are two possible destinations, and from where I am, two different directions to head out in, so I would end up in one place if I got tired heading out one way, and a different place if I headed out in the other direction.
So, I get to the first hotel early. I mapquest and google around to see where and when I might end up where. I call the hotel chain to ask about other reservations, cancellation policies etc. and this very reasonable woman at the call center very surprisingly says she can't answer my question, and doesn't know the number I should call.
Now I have a headache. Now the fact that I've already driven 5 hours straight sinks in, and I don't want to figure anything out, and I don't want to do anything but shut my eyes. And that is how I came to spend the night in Chester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home