Sunday, June 11, 2006

Poetry in Me

When I started writing this blog, it was as an exercise to find out what I was interested in writing about. Just doing something every day, and see what subjects or interests emerged.
Recently, and ironically, as my part of the world has experienced a very wet spring, I’ve been experiencing a dry spell. I’ve noticed my entries getting terser and terser, and then I noticed a pattern of terseness throughout my posts, and realized that I’ve always written that way. Folks who know me, know I’ve been known to speak that way. And it continues with a preference to define things rather than name them. In high school I wrote poetry (who didn’t?) and that was the beginning of my journaling.
So, today, rather than berate myself for writing short entries, I embrace my style, and acknowledge the poet, or the impulse to poetry, in me.

The Art of the Day is: Poetry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home