Sunday, June 11, 2006

What I should be doing

I am writing this instead of cleaning off my bed so I can sleep in it tonight. I am writing this instead of taking all my work receipts and putting them in order. I could be researching graduation presents for my nieces, or packing the presents I’ve already gotten for them, or writing out the cards I’ve picked up for them. I could be doing a scale drawing of the wall in my front room, to see what configuration of bookcases and storage units I should buy. I might go down to the basement and reorganize the stuff I mean to keep and the stuff I want to get rid of. I could vacuum the cat hair off the couch. I could be studying the next chapter for the group discussion I’ve joined. I could be rewriting all of my web pages so there are no more tables for formatting. I could be watching Akira Kurosawa’s Ran. I could be putting together a wash. It’s possible I could undertake to throw out all the junk mail, alter the dress for a friend, redo my portfolio (in perpetuity throughout the universe), put away any left out winter clothes, throw out old spices, touch up the paint holidays, and stop thinking about how to contact someone. Dance more. Eat less. Remember to floss my teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home