Friday, May 26, 2006

The Art for the Day is: The Art of Making Connections

Recently I've run into a couple of couple of degrees of separation relationships, and I'm thinking: How cool is that?

Henry Miller --> Geraldine Fitzgerald --> ME!

(do degrees of separation hold if the person is dead? (Mr Miller and Ms.Fitzgerald))
Marilyn K lent me a book to read, "To Paint is to Love Again" by Henry Miller. Towards the end of the book he mentions that he met Geraldine Fitzgerald. I met Geraldine Fitzgerald when she was producing a show called "Feathertop"- a musical about a scarecrow, and she came into the costume shop where I was working, picked up my cat, who was being a shop cat that summer, petted him and said "Pretty Pussy".
OK, maybe it's not that remarkable, it's just that it was unexpected.


1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a cool story. I'm finding a lot of connections in my personal and work life, e.g. found out that the office manager where I'm currently working attended several events with the singles club I've belonged to (we never met before I started working here), and encountered at least one woman I know (to say that woman's a character is a vast understatement). It was fun but at the same time a little weird talking about the club, as in the past it was something that, for me, was completely separate from work. The ofc mgr is reluctant to go to more events, as she found out that her ex has attended some as well (I've never met him). This is either "small world," "very few singles clubs around," or both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home