Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Art for the Day is: Keeping my eyes on my own plate

“There are at least two kinds of education”--- George Ade (1866-1944)

There are least two meanings to this art.

Simply, and strongly: Mind your own business. Pay attention to what you’ve got to deal with and don’t go looking over to other people’s problems.

Personally and literally: Watch what you eat, and don’t be jealous of what someone else can have, for you it’s poison.

In sports and business: Focus


Socially and in the spirit of civility: Pay more attention to your own manners than the person or persons you are dining with. Everyone will have a more pleasant evening.

There are probably more meanings, and certainly more nuances, but overall it’s good practice.
I now declare this Red Queen Rule #1. (I can do that sort of thing, it's my blog).
Keep your eyes on your own plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home