Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Spirited Away to the Theater of my Dreams

I had a dream about a haunted theater. This is not the same theater that I've had recurrent dreams about in the past. This theater was much older, less grand, and it also had multiple stages. Not only was it haunted but there were secret passageways between one part and another, so that you could exit from one side of a stage and wind up in a resting place or a completely different theater. Also time stopped while you were in this in-between-stage-place, so it was a place to rest and compose yourself between stages. I was shown how to get into the passageway by an old director/head of the department who was a combination of two different Department Chairs I had known. He told me not to let anyone else know about it. Then we encountered several ghosts, former actors and actresses, who were hanging around in the waiting room, being served by a ghost servant who was a one eyed white dwarf. He approached us and made us promise him we would never go there on our own again.

Some time later I was alone, and I walked through a door that led into a passageway, which was not the same place as I had been before, but I turned a corner and knew that if I went a certain way I'd get back to someplace where I knew where I was, and presumable could find my way out. I ended up in the "green room", which was not green, but more of a picture gallery, anyway it was the same waiting room I had been in before. The floor was bare wood, and pretty dirty. There were cobwebs, and dust. I lay down to nap, until I thought maybe some of the dirt on the floor was mouse droppings, and decided I couldn't stay there.

When I got up I found the white dwarf dressing me down for breaking my promise, and I suppose that I had, but not intentionally. I was lost before I found my way back to this place; I had not gone there on my own on purpose. I felt that it was true that I had broken my promise, and it would be no good trying to explain the exigent circumstances to the dwarf.

What is it supposed to mean when yourself repeating something you promised never to do again, and find yourself doing it unintentionally?
Curiouser and curiouser.


The Art of the Day is: Dream interpretation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home