Monday, August 14, 2006

The Art of the Day is: The Art of Reestablishing Routine

This is where the famous phrase "I need a week of Vacation to get over my Vacation" comes in.
There is lots to do, to get back to normal, there are lots of things to get done that have been on hold for a week, and there is an inclination to make a shift in normal, so normal is different, so you are incorporating things you learned about yourself while you were away into your daily routine.
Such as: I can get up at 7 AM every day, and survive without television or radio.
That people who listen to NPR are a demographic unto themselves, and I am part of that demographic.
I can walk further than I thought I could, I have used muscles that I haven't used in a while and it feels good.
I am good at making peope feel at ease, and should remember that a) I am good at somethings and b) these are good things to do.
I don't eat on schedule, and maybe I need to.
There is a resurgence of poetry in the country right now. I'm not sure why, but it is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home