Monday, July 24, 2006

The Art of the Day is: The Art of Travel

I have been following my niece’s travel blog. It’s really interesting to read about Europe through the eyes of a teenager out on her own (OK, with friends, but still, out there). I can remember my own first experiences traveling, both the audaciousness and fearlessness with which I approached things, and the homesickness and out of my depths moments. That I could travel across borders with no hassle, and be terrified ordering dinner in a restaurant by myself reminds me of my strengths and weaknesses. But more interesting than that is the world view shift that we both experienced. Not everyone speaks the same language, but shares other kinds of languages, hopes, fears.

Go and come back.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home