Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Art of the Day is: the art of letting go

I've come to the conclusion than rather than spend the airfare to get to my nephew's wedding, I should send him the cost of the airfare. Why is this letting go? Because I had toyed with the idea of going out west around this wedding. Because in not going I have to admit to myself that my nephew and I are not that close, and I tend to hold family close. Because if I still had Jimmy with me, he would remind me of how important these events are, a concept I taught to him, and we might have been able to plan more of a trip. It's OK. The guilt factor is in the right direction: would you feel more guilty if you went, or if you didn't go? But a trip is in my future, just not this one, right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home