Monday, May 15, 2006

“Pack up all my cares and woe,
Here I go
Singing low
Bye, bye blackbird”.

The current earworm.
Earworms are those songs that get stuck in your head. The term is relatively new. I first heard it on All Things Considered (NPR) whose theme has been known to be an earworm in and of itself.
I wake up with earworms.
I have background music in my head when I’m playing solitaire on the computer. Currently it’s a Chopin nocturne. BTW I usually mute the sounds on my computer, now make what you will of that, and tell me if you send me anything that needs to be listened to.

“Life is impossibly lyrical,
Is it me?
No it’s you.”

I think I have a varied repertoire of earworms, but it probably skews to the folksy, show tunes, light classical, and pre-1980’s rock. A baby boomer.
Earlier today I was earworming on Tom Lehrer’s “The Pope”,(did he write it?)but that’s probably because they were talking about the score to The DaVinci Code on NPR.



The Art for the Day is: The art of internal music

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home