Thursday, May 11, 2006

I am approaching 100 Blog entries. Doing anything consistently seems to me to be a good thing. I would like to retrain myself to do more (good) things consistently. I think this is the most journaling I have ever done on an almost daily basis. Yes, some of the entries are just one line, but it has been a line about something I've felt or wanted to work on that day. I used to keep poetry journals in high school and college. I was SO dramatic then, but I could go weeks or months without writing anything new.
I have also kept a sketch book as organizer for years now, but that is more about keeping a calendar than keeping a diary.
I have noticed that I blog not like I speak, but more like I sketch. I get something very interesting down (on paper) very quickly, and there is something good and energetic about it. As I go back to refine it I stiffen up, doubt my instincts, end up with a section or two that pleases me, and the rest of it is trash. I have done some refining, drafts of things I've written here, but have for the most part been quick sketching, like an exercise, like warming up.
There seem to be one or two things that come up as themes, but apart from serious and flippant, I'm not ready to categorize them yet.


The Art of the Day is:Persistence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home