Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow.

I am staring out a glass curtain wall at the city in a snowstorm. It is strangely quiet, even though the snow is blowing at a pretty good clip. I'm here for now, and have pretty much decided to wait until tomorrow to drive to the next city, three and a half hours away in regular conditions. Better allow four and a half. It's probably a good thing that I decided not to fly, as the airport is closed for sure, and there aren't that many flights from here to there. I'm tired. I watched the weather reports late into last night, and then worried about it. Like I could do anything about it? I already had three alternatives for the folks who were taking the seminar.
Some stayed last night before the storm, some are here today, and some will go to the next venue and pick up the last session. I called the home office to let them know everything was OK. Hurry up and wait, and watch the snow pile up. This is the kind of day that sent Alice through the looking glass.

The art of the Day is: The Art of Back -up Planning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home