Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Art of the Day is: Orchestral Music

Here is yet another plug for live music. I went to hear the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra's Holiday Pop's Concert, and while I am not a big fan of Christmas Carols and schmaltzy arrangements, listening to live music effects me viscerally. My breathing changes with the music, and ensemble playing puts everyone in the room in the same breathing pattern. Powerful stuff.
I also spent time at the Pawtucket Open Studio's Holiday Craft Show, and was seriously inspired, and delighted to find a first rate cut price fabric store (Lorraine Fabric) across the street. This resulted in my playing with fabric like I haven't done in a long time. I am looking forward to getting a new cell phone with a camera, so next time I'm out to dinner and sculpt a dead bunny out of two napkins (they had a rabbit special on the menu, so it seemed appropriate) I'll be able to post a picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home