Monday, July 03, 2006

The Art for the Day is: The art of acquiring information.

AKA: web surfing
So yesterday I told you about The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defence, and I looked it up on Amazon, to see if I had the title correct. The book is at home, and I'm not. And it lead me to think of what other books have "the Art of" in their titles. I admit this thought was furthered along because I'm reading Getting Things Done, by David Allen, subtitled "the Art of Stress-Free Productivity", more on that later. Some folks have asked me where do I come up with the idea for the art of the day. Sometimes it's something that's going on or I want to go on in my life, sometimes it's off a running list that I keep for when I can't think of anything, and I check against to make sure I'm not repeating myself (it's happened once or twice already, not including variations on a theme. I'd like not to repeat if possible), and now I have another source, titles and subtitles of published books. Should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home